The backpack program
you can help our mission
When people think of childhood hunger, they might picture poverty stricken towns and swollen bellies of children in dirt huts from faraway nations — but that isn't everything.
Our mission is to provide lunches for hungry children in America that struggle everyday for a meal. To help combat this issue, a percentage of each sale made on our website goes towards feeding a child every month. It's feels awesome to give back and to bless someone in need!
who does our initiative support
We support many different non-profit organizations across the US through monetary, personal time and food donations.
who does the data say?
Kids facing hunger come from family's that are struggling too!
Children facing hunger often grow up in a family where a parent or parents also face hunger.
- A family of four facing hunger may be in need of 36 additional meals a month simply because they don’t have money to buy enough food.
- 84% of households Feeding America serves report buying the cheapest food — instead of healthy food — in order to provide enough to eat.
- 21% of children in households at risk of hunger may be forced to rely exclusively on charitable organizations like Feeding America to make ends meet.
the fun stuff our mission provides
CAYA (Come As You Are) Reconciliation Ministries
- Food Pantry: We provide canned food and some perishables such as bread and pastries for families or individuals.
- Financial Assistance
- Financial counseling
- Family and spiritual counseling
- Holiday meals (Thanksgiving and Christmas meal bag distribution)
- Summer Lunch Program: For children in low income homes. Over 104,000 sack lunches prepared & delivered since 2012
- Clothing Closet
CAYA is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit charitable ministry and all financial donations are tax deductible. The only way we are able to continue serving our community is through the faithful support of our friends and family.